When it comes to tiling installations, there are several application problems that tilers may face on a regular basis. Before you throw in the trowel, however, we’ve put together some of the most common mistakes made in tiling so that you don’t have to learn these lessons the hard way.
NOTE: Tiling failures are dramatically reduced when the guidelines and procedures in the SABS Code 10107:2011 for the design and installation of ceramic tiles are followed correctly. Make sure that whoever is installing your tiles is aware of these policies. The cost of repair or replacement may be three times that of the initial tiling installation costs.
All mixing and application instructions for the Ezee Tile range of adhesives, grouts and related products can be found on the reverse side of the packaging and can also be downloaded from our products section.
Prior to installation
To avoid installation failures, the following key points must be considered beforehand to help inform which Ezee Tile product is right for your application:
- What tiles have been selected for the installation?
- What is the nature of the existing surface to be tiled?
- Is the tiling installation on the walls or floors?
- Is the tiling installation interior or exterior?
- Is the tiling installation often exposed to water?
- Is the tiling installation above ground or floor level?
- Is the installation exposed to temperature changes?